Buying A Keyboard Stand
Thinking of buying a music keyboard? A portable keyboard-stand is one of the keyboard accessories that you need right from the beginning, to help you be comfortable and maintain the correct posture while practicing.
On the other hand, if you are an experienced player who loves to play with your friends as part of a band, or do a lot of performances on-stage, the piano keyboard stand is an essential part of your music equipment gear.
If you are a beginner, you can go in for an X-style stand or a double-X stand for your music keyboard. If you have a heavier 88-key portable keyboard then you should consider a Z keyboard stand.
Why Buy One?
A portable keyboard stand is an important keyboard accessory and it makes sense to have one because of these important reasons.
• You can easily adjust its height
• It collapses into a flat pack and can easily be carried around
• It looks better than a table or an iron board or any other support
• You get multi-tiered stands to add more keyboards. You can go in for these as you turn professional, get more work and own multiple keyboards.
As a beginner you might be tempted to avoid buying a keyboard stand but I would recommend that you buy one since you can easily adjust its height. This helps you to maintain a correct posture while playing!
While practicing, your hands need to be parallel to the ground but if you do not use a stand it is not so easy to maintain the correct posture. Besides, a portable keyboard stand does not cost much and it can be folded making it easier to carry around.
What to Look For?
Coming to the most important question! What should you look for?
When looking for a stand, you will need to take into account a couple of factors.
• Your music keyboard’s weight. Is it a stage Piano or a workstation or a home keyboard?
• Do you use more than one music keyboard? Needs to be expandable
• Is the stand easy to carry around, in case you take it regularly to gigs?
The lower end models, like the X-stands, are designed to hold keyboards and synthesizers weighing around 100-130 pounds whereas the sturdier ones, like the Z stands, are designed to hold large stage pianos and heavier keyboards weighing up to 500 pounds.
All these keyboards let you do the height adjustments for a seated or standing performance position and they have a Secure-Lock feature which lets you do the height changes safely and securely.